Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Remember my saying that I wanted a fun job for a change? Since the cs doesn't seem to have anything that appeals to me - I am So Tired of secretarial/clerical stuff I could weep when I see a posting - I applied at Busch Gardens for a seasonal job. And they hired me! Helps that the college students are all abandoning ship to return to classes. I get a uniform and will be in the FestHall doling out beer to the mobs. No drindl, thank the gods. There was a scary moment there when I found out it was the Germany section of the park I'd be working in - they dress up in costumes and I feared I'd be stuck in a drindl skirt and white blouse! Messy as I am, that would never work!
And, as a second job, I'm going to apply to work to work the Howl-o-Scream, which is 6 weekends from 5 to 10:30 pm. Wayne's going to apply, too - so he can ride the rollercoasters! Maybe he'll be a werewolf popping out of the bushes to frighten children. Pay is $140 per weekend, which is for 15 hrs. Not the greatest pay, but every little bit helps. I'm still waiting to hear back from CW - they are extremely lacksadasical about replying to emails. I hope to work at the New Kent center in the am, Busch Gardens in the afternoon, and Howlings at night. Three jobs! WooF! Hope I'm up to it. Don't have the energy I used to.
Daria has joined us on our walks. Guess she feels that she's grown enough to accompany us now. She has no problem keeping up with us, with Austin trailing behind and bounding up occasionally so he's not left behind, and yowling all the way.
I wish I had some friends here to share all this with. I do get lonely for company sometimes...not often - I am fairly self-sufficient and I do have Wayne...but it's so hard to make friends (acquaintances are easily come-by) and all our friends are so far away. Sigh! Well, must go walk dogs. Atleast it isn't raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment