Aoibheal's TimeLine
Hmmm....here we go again as I explore the blogstuff and try to figure it out. I really need to do this often enough so that I remember how to work it. To recap - I finally went in for my dual operations on 10 Dec. I expected to be in that am and out that eve, but ended up staying another 2 days because there were complications. With the gall bladder part of the operation - it was huge and inflamed and the stone was over 2 inches long. But they wrapped the stomach around the esophagus and stitched it there after pulling it down through the diaphram where it was interfering with my breathing. And they put in a drainage tube that hurt like hell when it was removed over a week later. Wayne came over and held my hands after the intern said it was going to hurt - so I wouldn't reflexively deck the poor man. I didn't have anything with me for the hospital stay - no comb, no toothbrush, no slippers, no reading material, etc. but you know, I didn't care how I looked! I was extremely fuzzy and in pain the first night - kept the pain medication dispenser tightly in my hand - and then awoke the next morning and dropped it, and didn't pick it up again. I was uncomfortable, but not in such pain that I had to use drugs. Was a bit irritated with the staff as they had me arrive at 0630 and didn't even get to me until after 1300. In fact, the room I was to be operated on in actually caught fire in the lighting and I had to be moved! That was kind of funny... So I was weak and sore, with 8 incisions all around my tummy, and Wayne finally was able to bring me home where I lay in bed or on the sofa and took Tylenol occasionally. I had no energy, no desire to get up and do things which is good since I couldn't, and stayed that way for a couple of weeks. Called in to work and explained it, and was told to come in when I could, which turned out to be the 22nd. I worked a couple of days that week and then 5 days the next week, with overtime - they let me sit down when I felt tired or dizzy so I was alright. And everyone went on lay-offs 2 Jan. I went down to the VA employment agency with my SF50s and will hopefully get atleast $200 a week payments but won't know for a couple more weeks. But it's back dated so I get paid from the 2nd. My last paycheque was almost $400 (lots of overtime) and it's already earmarked for RV insurance payment.
Just found out that Linda's mother died 30 Dec. I'm sure she's having a terrible time coping with that and her father's grief, and everything that goes along with it.
Can't figure out why Shanna is keeping in touch with Andy after the disgraceful way he behaved. She's worth more than that, and her self respect isn't going to heal as long as she keeps trying to entice him to take her back. After all, how can she trust him now? And if you have no trust, how can you have a relationship? Oh, well...some lessons take knocking into you, I guess.
Tish miscarried and is trying to cope with that...and she lets the news that Jordan's mom is pregnant bother her...she's not in a competition with the woman so why does it matter? Huh! You'd think that in LV she could find some way to remove the problem...Turks in Germany, what in Las Vegas? Oh, I know I shouldn't advocate such direct methods but still...
Wayne got a $1.50 an hour raise, which brings him to $16.00 p hr, which is nice. He still wants to join the travelers this summer...which is why I'm not putting in for a coachman's position in Livestock which came open. It pays the same but I think I'd like driving a carriage around. There's a phlebotomy course open at one of the comm colleges here...down in Hampton, which is a good hour plus by highway away...but I want to get that so I'll have something to do while we're on the road. I wish I was psychic enough to give readings...that would be fun and helpful to others...yeah, and I want us to win the VA Megamillions lottery this Tuesday night, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment