Friday, June 10, 2005

Got the confusion cleared up - Wayne still wants to travel, he just wants me to find a cs job somewhere that he can get a posting to. So I get to go online and search for a job near a city. San Antonio is nice because we've been there and so know the place, there's plenty of jobs available, and quite a few famcamps and rv camps to chose from. Travelers never get less than $18 an hour, plus bennies - housing, medical, insurance, etc. - so he will be happy. He doesn't want to go to Anchorage because he doesn't want to have to keep Titan inside if we aren't home and although he's mellowed alot he still wants to bark. He is quite old, we think - atleast 9 years old, perhaps more - but he isn't afflicted with arthritis as Shan was. But he doesn't do well inside unless someone is with him. We don't worry about the cats being outdoors as they are suited for it, but I do worry if I don't see them atleast once a day. But I think that I should have tried to train Daria to stay inside, although Austin is geared up for the great outdoors and yowls if he isn't allowed out. And there's nowhere to get away from a yowling, persistent cat! Tish, that poor kitten was so cute! I can't believe that he climbed in there, although I know it made him feel safe (bathroom was just too big and strange).

I finally got in to see a doctor about my aching hands and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. You can imagine how unhappy I am right now...how can I do anything if I can't use my hands? How can I farm? Tend animals? Garden? Crochet? Sew? Bake? I am very upset and even though it is very mild right now I told Wayne that if I become so crippled that I'm a burden I expect him to get me something to put me out of my misery. He didn't like that, but I don't want to be a burden to anyone, and if I can't do anything I will be one. I don't believe in being resigned to one's fate when one has free will. Nor do I feel that human life is any more precious than any other life...

Sorry about the pity party. I am probably overreacting as I know there are many great meds that will alleviate the pain and arrest the progression. I just hate to be dependent.

Chris Bradley's father just died and they are having a hard time with that right now, since his mother has to cope with the loss of her husband and all the court stuff, and of course the kids and Chris are devastated. Wish we were close enough to help out. Wayne will call Chris and hope that helps.

Went to dinner at the Firebird Grill at Short Pump mall as one of the reps invited everyone on Wayne's team out. Pretty good food and it was Free! I haven't been to a mall in years, but we had dogs to feed and walk so we didn't linger. There's a comedy club at that location so we may go back. There's a 40% chance of thunderstorms today and I really hope we get some rain to take the edge off the heat. I've got black eyed peas and turkey in the crockpot for Wayne's dinner since I work until atleast 2100 tonight and hopefully longer. I was scheduled for closing but with David back my hours were cut drastically - I got a whopping 20 hours this week. Can't survive on that.

Well, let me see if Belvoir got their server fixed so I can apply for some jobs somewhere - Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment