Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Boy, if it ain't one thing, it's another! (Right, Shanna?)

I raided my last bastion of savings to try to get back up on our feet - pulled out most of the money and had it transferred to my account. The pending entry showed the entire amount, and so I put that in the checkbook and started paying bills. That was Friday. On Sunday, when I try to reconcile my balances, the entry is $600 light. Aaargh! Where is my money??? I spend most of Monday am calling the bank and then TSP. I find out that the entire amount is taxed at 20% and it is deducted as soon as you pull it out. So now, in order to make up the loss, I have to pull out the rest of my savings. I wanted to keep a cushion but that seems to be impossible.

Finally got a good insurance quote that will cover the rv, truck, and car for about the same as we were paying in AZ/VA. I must have checked 7 different companies...settled on AAA. Have to rejoin but it's worth it. So Wednesday afternoon I get to trek down to the office and sign the paperwork. That's after spending the morning taking the flagperson course and signing up with a company so I can stand around in the chilly rain and dodge cars. Please, Gods, let the CofE job come through soon!!

Went out shopping yesterday for groceries -not meat. I let Wayne choose the meat - and stopped by the feed & seed for fresh eggs and hazelnuts. At the hardware store for pigs ears for the dogs. I'm starting to learn where to find local products and they are the best. The hardware store folks know me as 'The Fax Lady' for all the faxing I do from them. The post office knows me and if there's a package they hand it over without it having to go thru the mailwoman. It's interesting, being in a small community. No anonymity. The little cafe down the street has changed hands and will be opening this week as the 'Redneck Yacht Club'. That should be interesting.

Today I expect to do little outside except going out for some half and half. Yesterday I picked up a pound of coffee and a calendar. Wayne got home and he had bought a pound of coffee and a calendar. After so long together, we truely do think alike. That's a scary thought! Of course, it's one reason I don't like to dm for him, either. I'll probably make some cookies...maybe a sour cream coffee cake...Wayne picked up a copy of 'Kung Fu Hustle' and it was hilarious! It's going to be raining the rest of the week, and we're under flood watch in this county, but we personally don't have to worry since we're upland.

No comments:

Post a Comment