Well, either the Goddess was feeling particularly benevolent since it was Ostara, the God had it in the works at the time the Goddess took over, or my guardians finally looked in on me and decided it was time to do something...I got offered a camp host job that starts 01 April and runs thru 31 Oct. with a $1200 a month stipend down the street from the campground where I was going to volunteer. It is a Lane County park called Baker Bay, and it's on Dorena Lake reservoir. I'm going to the interview - because it's a paid position there has to be an interview - tomorrow afternoon at 1400. Whee!!! Finally!! Just what I was hoping for!
So if the interview goes well and I get the job, we'll move out of here at the end of the month. I'll have to call up the other job and tell them I got a better offer (feel guilty about that but I really need the $$) and cancel the intermittant job interview next week as well. And I have to get insurance of the commercial variety so I hope that the premiums are minimal and I can pay monthly.
Of course, now I fully expect all those job apps I submitted to be calling me once I'm no longer able to take any of them. That was one good thing about the other camp job - I had to get 6 customer comment cards filled out per day and then I was free to do whatever, which would be work a full time job. And it's been a good 2 months since I started applying so you'd think that Forestry or VA would be calling by now, but noooo! Not a breath. They'll wait until I've signed the contract and am no longer able to take the job. Curse them!
Finally did our taxes and efiled. Now hopefully it won't take long before our itty bitty refund is deposited in the bank. Wayne will use it to get his air fare to Las Vegas and back, and sign up for the convention. I'm not sure when he'll go, if he means to spend more than just the few days of the convention or not - I'm betting not because we don't like to be apart for long - but as long as he has his dice in his pocket he'll be happy. Tish and Jer are in luck - his normal dice are missing and he has to use his fall-back D10s. They don't roll as low as the other ones!
And also of course, my knee and ankle are really giving me problems today. I hope that it will subside by tomorrow afternoon so I don't limp around while they're showing me the campground and I look like I can do the job. Well, we'll see. I'm not going to burn any bridges before I've seen the place and talked it over with Wayne.
No comments:
Post a Comment