Lets try this again. It's a lovely day! In the 70s and the prospect of tstorms on Saturday - what could be better?
Just finished making dinner. Well, I'm waiting on the rice to finish cooking but everything else is taken care of - salad's made, Chicken Rosemary in the crockpot, green and shelly beans in a dish to reheat, and the rice almost ready to put into a dish. Wayne likes for dinner to be ready to eat when he gets home, even though usually he takes a nap before dinner just to get off his feet, so I prepare it early in the afternoon and just reheat it. I prefer to make it and sit down to it, but I have to admit it's nice to get it out of the way ahead of time.
He really doesn't like this med ctr. He said he'd shoot himself before he stayed here. I can understand - he is bored most of the time and there are a couple of nurses who have been here since the building opened and they're a pain in the ass - why is it that people who have longevity always seem to be so set in their ways? But I remind him that he's getting paid pretty good to be bored and it's only for another 10 weeks. He can deal with it for such a short time. I'm pretty bored, too...but I can do things - I could crochet some snowflakes (whoopie!) or take my walking stick and walk slowly around the park (such excitement!), or do detail-cleaning (last resort) or sit on the computer (see which one's winning so far?). Oh, well...it's only 10 more weeks and once I get the bills caught up I'll start taking the truck and looking around.
Was looking through one of my cookbooks for something to make and found a recipe from Chownings Tavern! Never thought I'd be working there when I first looked at it. I actually miss Virginia. It was great as far as 'supernatural' stuff went, and I love living history. I don't miss Loretta at Chownings - one of the aforementioned people who have been there years and is a pain in the ass (the new people can't do anything right. ). She hasn't been there since it's inception of course but still... it was amazing how relaxed and enjoyable the atmosphere became when she was out. I'm hoping that Wayne will be able to get a travelers slot in a hospital in Richmond or Williamsburg next year...perhaps in Sept. I won't be able to work at CW but atleast I can go there and see the others and enjoy the place again. It was really alot of fun.
I'm still waiting for Wayne's W2 from Sacred Heart, but then I'll leap on the tax thing and get it knocked out. How did you find a good accountant, Shanna? We have a lead on a guy in Phoenix who is experienced in doing travelers forms and I'll call him later - after April! Since the world is flat, it's not so unusual to have an accountant in another state - although it does take some mental gymnastics.
Tish and Shanna - please put me in as a friend so I can access your blogs on myspace! Thanks!
The phone co is working on the line - Wayne couldn't call in yesterday so he called them and asked them to check it out. Must admit they are right on it.
Hai Qui evidently tangled with something - he has a couple of wounds on his neck. The hair has fallen out and we cleaned them and put antibacterial ointment on them, and they're healing nicely. I really need to get his long-haired behind to the vets for neutering. Don't need him out trying to be a tomcat when he's only 9 months old and inexperienced. Don't need him out there siring kittens no matter how beautiful he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment