Getting colder here at night. The furnace kicked on around 0300 and hasn't quit yet, and it's almost 0900. I'll have to start bringing the plants in. There's a gods-be fly buzzing around in here, a refugee from the cold temps outside. I'm going to kill it shortly simply because it won't stop divebombing me and it's very annoying. If it'd go to the door and let me let it outside, there'd be no problem, but it won't. Wayne even put on sweats and a longsleeved teeshirt this morning, in part to humor his thin-blooded wife.
Had an accident with the graywater this morning. Discovered it wasn't open so it had backed up into the shower, so I went outside to open it. Found that Wayne hadn't attached it to the pipe so I did that, and opened the line. It gushed out - he also hadn't affixed the end to the sewer drain. I hastily shut it, cussing the while, and stuffed the end where it ought to have been. Opened it up again. This time the two hoses parted company and it ran out onto the ground in a flood. Closed it again, cussed some more, and left it to walk the dog. Later, when it warms up, I'll take a screwdriver out and try to rejoin the two, and screw the end of the hose into the sewer correctly, AND reconnect the hose to the outpipe so it doesn't leak. It's only dish and shower water but it doesn't smell so good and I'm pissed that everything fell apart as it did.
Hopefully the cheque will be here today - it wasn't in on Saturday. We took all our spare change down to a Coinstar and got back a little over $45 for all our dimes, nickels, and pennies. Amazing how it adds up. Elizabeth - the Golden Age is playing now and we're eager to see it. We found the town library and I got a card, and they're hosting a professional ghosthunter there on Wednesday the 17th and on the 31st - I got the last ticket for the 17th. Wayne isn't interested in going so I'll take the truck and have a good time. Found a massage/yoga place in town too. I don't know how much yoga I can do but think I'll give it a try. They have reiki by the .5, 1.0 and 1.5 hr but I don't know how they can since the sessions last as long as necessary and alot of times it's less than an hour. Commercialism!
I did laundry last night. Shouldn't have let it pile up for a whole week as I had 3 full loads and usually only have 2 skimpy ones. Lesson learned. Talked to a neighbor with 3 cats who was also in there. I've met a few people here but haven't really felt any connection. Wayne called his mama on Saturday and gave her our number. As I suspected, she expects us to show up on the weekends and definitely not the 3 or 4 times Wayne envisisoned during our stay. I have some things I want to see while here and spending my time at Evelyn's house every weekend is not what I want to do. This weekend I plan on going to Newport and seeing one mansion in the morning, then we have to go to Evelyn's for the afternoon since Wayne's oldest brother is coming over and probably bringing his fiancee. Sunday we're going to the last day of the renfaire in Carver. It's not that I dislike his family - I just have a finite amount of time and many things I want to accomplish. And Wayne isn't too keen on spending every weekend there, either.
So today I got up with Wayne and we had pancakes for breakfast. I put away the clean laundry. I need to vaccuum and defrost the freezer as well. Make a shopping list. Hai Qui has been with us a year today - quite a change from the underweight, cold, wet kitten we first saw. He gets along with all the other cats, even Blizz - who turned out to be a male as well. But Blizz is an indoors cat while Daria and Hai Qui spend alot of time outside. Of course, both males love to crawl up onto my chest when I'm sitting in a recliner with a book. I end up almost prone as I attempt to accomodate a cat and read as well.
I have to call the ALBC to find out what happened to the poster of horses I ordered for Alliyah's birthday present. It still hadn't arrived when we left MO. And call Gevalia to redirect shipments. And email Alternate Resources to find out what happened to the shipment of the 24th since we haven't gotten it and it contained meds. Then I'll need to call VA and have another shipment sent, I'm pretty sure. All in all, lots to do but nothing that interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment