Thursday, December 20, 2007

Don't usually have two posts so close together but decided to talk about the errant thought that was insinuated into my mind by those oh-so-subtle PTB yesterday. Having been thoroughly kicked for not paying attention previously, I hastened to act on it last night, before They got p.o.ed at me for blowing them off. Who says an old bitch can't learn new tricks?

BTW, it's snowing again. Page is chewing herself out of her fur again. It can't be grass allergies - there isn't a blade of grass or greenery within 500 miles! It's not red dye because we only buy her food without it. What is it, damn it??? Autumn said something about Page having to go through this...why? Why, why, why??? It drives me crazy.

Oh, yeah! The errant thought. I digress. Most of the jobs are for surg techs with cardio exp. Wayne doesn't have any. He needs to get some. We like Virginia. We especially like the area by Williamsburg and Jamestown and Yorktown. I did a quick search for hospitals there and got the Sentara group website. Went to employment. Found 3 openings for surg techs - one as a teacher in a surg tech school, one for ambulatory surgery, and one for the Cardio OR. Tagged the home page and when Wayne got home I asked him what he thought about taking a year off the traveling circuit to get some cardio exp. He turned the teaching job down but the other two he was interested in. So I filled out the forms (even with arthritis I still type better than he does) and submitted them. The hospital is in Norfolk, which is down the road from W/J/Y but still quite close. There are 8 famcamps in the a/o. This morning I got a call from the recruiter at Sentara about the job, wanting to speak with Wayne, who is of course at work. Got her number and told her it was okay to give Wayne a call at work. If she can't get in touch with him then he will give her a call later on.

I was surprised that they'd bother to call back since when the form asked for minimum salary requirements he put down $27 p. hr. And that's good only if I can get a job! We make about $4k a month traveling, counting in the housing subsidy and his retirement pay, and it all goes on bills. I went online and put in for a medical asst. job at Ft Monroe, which is beside Norfolk. One thing I've noticed about TPTB - if they want you to go somewhere and do something they tend to smooth the path for you. Jobs will miraculously pop up, enabling you to go where They want you to be. Things happen to make it possible for you to go. So, we'll see. If I get a call about the med asst job before we leave, I'll know for sure that's where we need to be next. If not, well, ....who knows? If Wayne decides to take it I'm sure I can get a job somewhere doing something with that many military bases/posts in the area. Otherwise, we'll just see if anything else comes up. Anita said there's an opening in Baltimore. She said it's cold there but it's in the 50s and right now that looks downright balmy!

Ya know, I love Hai Qui dearly, but WHY does he feel that the most comfortable place in the entire fiver is on the desk right in front of me, atop the mouse pad?

I can hardly walk today. I had to put Page outside on lead to take care of her bodily functions because I can't move without hissing. Damn knees. Maybe I'll get both replaced and be done with it. I think the reason is that I stopped taking the fish oil caps when I ran out and didn't have the money to buy a new bottle. I got a 2 wk supply when we went shopping but I'm getting a bigger bottle next payday. Stuff does work for me, and boy do I notice it when I stop taking it!

Did anyone catch that segment on the man whose skin turned blue after taking colodial silver for many years? It was on the local station last night. he looks like Papa Smurf! Says it was a gradual change...surely someone at some point in time said 'Dude! You're turning blue!' And I'm not even going to say anything about that youngest Spears girl. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Not even if I pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment