Okay,I'm better. It was good getting all the positive reinforcement from my friends. I can make it through anything as long as I have you all and Wayne - take Wayne out of the picture and I'm screwed, though! He is truely 'the light of my life and the joy of my existance'. And when I tell him so, he says 'I love you, too.' Not the most effusive of men, but that seems to be the norm. They're funny like that.
Amazingly, Page seems to be doing better now that the diet is chickenless. Her fur is growing back in the places it fell out and her itching seems to be lessening. Also, the skin isn't breaking out into those horrid evil-smelling lesions. She's still scratching but I'm hoping that it's because it's not totally out of her system. We'll be able to tell in a week or so longer.
Glad we aren't in MA any more. They just had another storm and got an additional 7 inches. Nope. Not for me. Actually supposed to get colder here starting tomorrow night - dropping in the 20s for awhile at night and in the 40s during the day. Still a whole bunch better than MA!
AmTrav will be sending Wayne's travel money to us overnight express so we should get it tomorrow and be able to deposit it forthwith. I'm bugging everyone about 1099s so I can start on our taxes but most won't be available until the end of the month. Here's hoping everyone gets a nice fat return!
We were kicking over places to go and Wayne was saying that he'd like to go to San Antonio on an assignment, and I concur - hate for Shanna to have to take a 6 hour trip just to stay overnight. Not that we want to discourage her but it seems like such a long way! But with Russ being kept in the area before leaving it doesn't look like she'll have much option to come up. Sigh! It would be nice to have one open up down there or in the RGV. Just before summer comes and heats everything up!
Chris has offered to answer my questions....and he's teaching Scott....well, if we were there he would most likely be teaching us as well so I shouldn't grump. Finding a good instructor is hard. Hell, finding any instructor is hard! I'm sure that Dallas has esoteric stores and classes but since gas is so expensive and our money so screwed up right now that's not an option. Boy, I can't wait until the end of this year when we finally pay off the fiver and truck! That will be money in the bank at long last. And by the time we stop traveling we'll have paid off the credit cards as well, and be finally out from under that mess. Not that I want this year to rush by - although they do seem to be doing just that lately - but it gives us something good to which to look forward.
My niece sent me some photos of herself and Aaron, and invited me to send her some of us...but we don't take photos of ourselves, and the last one that Wayne and I got was for passports. No digital camera for moi. Hope her memory is good as that's the closest she's gonna come to a photo of us! I did take pictures of Daria, Hai Qui, and the Blizz but that's all. Oh! I forgot! Got a couple of Wayne's family while we were there.
I feel for Shanna - having your prospective in-laws dropping in and having to conform to their ideas of what your life should be must be totally annoying. Guess it's best she find out how bad it is before they get married, though. Atleast then you can make the decision with both eyes wide open. She's been gracious in giving way to their demands, but sooner or later that's going to wear thin...especially since they will expect to have things their way forever since they've had them their way this long. And we all know that our Shanna is not going to be patient forever. Indeed, I'm quite astonished at her forebearance thus far! Hark! Is that the rumbling of a supervolcano in the distance???
Yea for Lisa! Glad she finally got in touch with Tish....now waiting for Tish to disclose such items in the letter that are fit for the rest of us to hear. Boots is such a trip.
Well, must get my lazy ass up and take the dog out. Guess it's good we have her otherwise I'd probably just get up in the morning and sit around all day to avoid putting any stress whatsoever on my knees, which isn't good for them either. I just have this avoidance thing about pain. KWIM?
No comments:
Post a Comment