Got up after Wayne left and put some flounder fillets in to defrost, then went back to bed for a couple of hours, secure in the knowledge that they would be ready to bread and fry when I awoke. Which they weren't. Curse it! Too hot to wait so will do that tomorrow morning. Tonight we'll have tuna salad sandwiches! I have some crab cake breading and a can of crab I've been wanting to use and that's what's going to coat the flounder. I think it will taste pretty good but will have to make the attempt and see. I also have 3 eggplant sitting in the fridge and 11 developing eggplant on the plants. Brought in two more tomatoes and have many more on the plants...hoping that moving will not harm their growth. Took in two more green peppers also so that the plant will keep producing even though there's four still there. I need to harvest some bay leaves so I'll have some on hand after we leave the bay shrub in Micha's tender loving care. I think that one of the plums has finally sprouted, too.
It sure is a shame what Katie and Si are going through right now. I can't imagine how scared and worried she must be. Glad that Ginger is right there for her. I think we'll be seeing them when we make it to Springfield on the 22nd.
Saw 'Wanted' - which was too violent for me and I spent the majority of it sitting in the lobby - and 'Hellboy II' which was pretty good and gave Wayne lots of new ideas. He's going to see 'Get Smart' tonight while I wallow in 'Ghosthunters'. I want to see 'Journey to the Center of the World' but will have to see if there's a theatre onpost on the NAS.
Hoping that Micha and Chris will join us for a week so we can venture onto Beale Str and listen to some good bluesmen and eat lots of messy barbeque! It would be fun.
I'm going to drop Wayne off his first day and hie myself to the VA, which is right near the hospital he's going to be working in, so I can fill out the paperwork and get an appt to see a specialist and get going on getting the knees replaced. Have to request our records from the hospital here also.
Wish we had gotten St Louis but Memphis isn't that bad and perhaps we'll get it for the next assignment. Of course then it will be winter and I'll want to go to AZ or NM, or back here just for the warmth. And I hope we get the assignment before his upcoming one expires...waiting for a few weeks extra is nervewracking. I'm glad he was able to extend for a month but what if he can't or the hospital isn't a good fit? I'm trying hard to save up money now and hate to have to dip into it.
I was watching the History Channel last night and they had a segment on a German war factory hidden in a mine near Prague, and it was really interesting. I'll bet it's haunted as hell, too, as they used slave labor to make tanks there. It's really amazing what's underneath some cities. And most of us would never even think of it.
I finally got ahold of my mother and let her know when to expect us. Now I hope she remembers!
We have a couple of Georgia watermelons that we're going to bring with us. I like melon but Wayne tends to buy more than I can eat before it goes bad. Cleocatra ate cantalope. Daria likes honeydew. And Ha Qui likes watermelon. I have some wierd cats.
Just an update - I fried the fillets but they fell apart and I think I needed to dip them in egg before I put on the breading but live and learn. Also - and of more importance! - Wayne's ct scan came back negative - no tumor, no kidney stones - so he has to see a urologist when we get to Memphis and make sure there's nothing else. Probably means another urinalysis and hope that this time it comes back clean. Hoping it was a small kidney stone that the reiki managed to break up and he passed. Not exactly getting excited about leaving - this is the best famcamp we've ever been in and I know the one we're heading for won't be any where near as nice - but ready to move on...feet been itchy for a little over a month now.
No comments:
Post a Comment