Been awhile, I know. I've been having problems with the reception at the fiver at this park - I'm at the laundrymat here doing the week's clothes and since the reception here is great I'm also online. Had to catch up with the banking and bills and email. New laptop as I couldn't get the desktop to pick up wifi no matter what add-ons I tried. And of course this one has no-one's blog sites on it so I have to ask everyone to put theirs on any reply they post. Grrr.
So far this hasn't been the best posting for us. Last Thurs Wayne was hit by a stolen car on the way to work. He got the plate number and he wasn't hurt. The truck, however, had the pass side rear quarter disintegrated and now we have to put it in the shop for a week or so to get it replaced. Damn it, that means we have to rent a car. Of course when we got insurance we had two vehicles and it never occured to me to add that to the coverage when we got rid of the Toyota. Well, I'm putting it on now but it's not going to help this time. Again, grrrr. $500 deductible.
Wayne likes the hospital and it's not very far as commutes go. I don't care for this KOA as it's right off the highway and surrounded by fields that breed skeeters. We have world class skeeters here - I can't even go out at night to walk the dog unless I'm wearing long pants, socks, and a jacket. They eat me up since I can't outwalk them. So Wayne gets to do the evening stroll which has become an evening dash. Poor Page has a hard time of it as well. She'd like to go out but they attack her and her fur isn't thick enough to protect her.
Going to move to another rv park at the end of the month - this one's right on the rivah and I'd much prefer watching tugs on the rivah rather than trucks on the interstate! Also much less vehicular traffic and I won't worry so much about the cats being outside. Costs a little more as we'll get a pull-thru but atleast the wifi signals are strong (we went over and check on it) and it's a little closer in to work.
Micha is saying that they might come down for a visit in October, which would probably be better as far as skeeters and heat go. We're only a few hours from Jackson so I probably should devote one weekend to visiting my little brother and meeting his wife of 25 yrs and seeing his first grandchild. I keep trying to find some common ground between us but it's not easy and this might help. When we made our quick side trip to Gulfport to see Mama both Dave and Rick called during dinner and I didn't get to eat at all - just watch my food get cold as they both nattered on. Should be glad that they care enough to call and talk, I suppose! Maybe I can get him to invite cousins Marsha and Gregg so I can touch all points at one time.
Got an appt with a rheumatologist next Monday so hope to get the paperwork finally begun for the surgery. Looking forward to that!
Other than the above, not much happening with us. Two weeks down and 11 to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment