Friday, May 15, 2009

time for the weekly blog. Nothing much to report for this week I'm afraid - a rather humdrum week indeed except for reading everyone else's blogs!

Took Hai Qui to the vets and got some clavamox for the infection and a shot of steroids for itching so he will hopefully stop licking the sores long enough for them to heal. It has already shown some benefit so I'm hoping that in the next couple of weeks it will all be done with. Have an appt to take Page in as this vet says she likes challenges and Gods know Page's condition is challenging enough for anyone! That, and she has developed a lump on her left foreleg. Thought that it was a bite but after swelling up and then receding somewhat it has yet to go away. Doesn't seem to be bothering her but it bothers us.

Two of the peppers finally came up! I was beginning to think they'd never emerge. The cuke leaves already show some sign of yellowing which is disgusting since they've barely gotten their first true leaves. I'll still replant them and see what happens. Must replant the carrots too as most of the first batch didn't come up. Atleast the tomatoes appear healthy at this point.

Micha found a lovely piece of land in AR - already has 3 nice houses on it, has caves and water, about 500 acres. Now to just find the money for it!

I've been practicing my tarot readings but I need to memorize the card meanings so I don't have to keep refering to the booklet. I did readings for her mom, one of my brothers, one of my nieces, Wayne, and I. Accuracy is as yet unknown. Micha says that the one for her mother is dead on, tho.

Today is a Bad Knee Day. I have Good Knee Days and Bad Knee Days...so far the former have outnumbered the latter, but the past couple of days has seen the knees deteriorating as far as pain and stiffness goes. Could be linked to barometric pressure as we're in a thunderstorm cycle. Later this week it's supposed to be clear and sunny so will see if the pain and inflammation clears up then. I took 800mg motrin this morning so they don't hurt per se but boy! are they stiff!!

Wayne went off to do the chores today - laundry, pick up mail, do some shopping and drop off the donations to Good Will - so it will be a while before he returns. Wish I felt like going with him but I don't feel like moving much at all. I'm eyeing the lawn chair outside the back of the fiver under a tree and contemplating going there but even that seems like too much exertion seeing as how it feels like it's 90 outside. Yes, we do have the a/c on! The tax return from AL that I'm counting on to pay off the 3 credit cards we're working on MAY come in next month some time, according to their online status of returns site. We have 2 payments left - $1,317.00 each - and that will take care of 3 out of 5 of the credit cards we so foolishly accepted and used. Never again! After that I need to see about negociating with the other 2 and get them to accept 20 cents on the dollar as BOA did. Luckily they're nowhere near as high an amount so we may not have a problem. I'd like to be rid of them this year. Then the only payments we'd be making would be the truck, which has less than $4k on it, and the fiver - don't ask!! Paying off the fiver is the same as paying off a house! Almost done paying off the Military Star card too - I think I have something like $300 or so left on it. But I put down $50 a week and that adds up quickly, thank goodness. It's funny - the credit card in my name cost me 50 cents on the dollar because I had a better credit rating! Just goes to show, doesn't it?

Just saw Hai Qui trot by with something that looked suspiciously like a black tail hanging from one side of his mouth - lizard or mouse, I don't know. He is a whopping 10 lbs altho he looks larger because of all that long fur. I haven't seen the orange tom in a few days. Or the black and white. The other two are inside for their afternoon nap - smart cats; they sleep away the hottest hours of the day. Hai Qui has gone into the shade and coolth of the woods now.

Doing my daily meditations on the chakras and vortices and finding it very relaxing. The birdsong distracts me but I'm getting better at blocking it out and concentrating. Wayne had his weekly massage at the Sanctuary last night and got a book on Norse myths. I got a meditation music cd. There's a clothing shop next door that specializes in linen...I like linen but you have to iron it and I didn't bring the iron with me so I hesitate to go inside and buy anything. Some nice hats in there as well.

Cleaned out the kitchen drawers and weeded thru everything, putting the duplicates into the bag for Good Will. Wayne got me a sturdy wire laundry cart with wheels so I can do the laundry myself instead of waiting for him to do it. He's been putting it off for 2 weeks at a time, poor dear. I can do it a couple of times a week and so keep up with it.

Compared with everyone else's soap operas, my life certainly seems placid! I wonder why adventures are always so much more fun after the fact? Ah, well...my time is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment