Sunday, September 06, 2009

Almost a full week here! Well, Wayne wanted a week to relax and so he has it. The weather has been lovely and the skeeters nonexistant. We've spent a lot of time with Micha and Chris - going over for dinner Wayne and Micha will alternate cooking and that's good for both of us. Right now we're waiting for Orin and Linda to show up. They called around 0930 to say that Orin was repairing a couple of air lines and they'd leave when that was done. It's 1513 now - not here yet but not home either so somewhere on the road. Chris is impatiently waiting for Wayne so they can continue to game. Micha, I suspect, has gone to bed after helping to chaperone a gaggle of teens at the church for an overnight stay.

I look like a raccoon, with dark circles under my eyes. Made the mistake of taking a nap with Wayne in the late afternoon and then when we went to bed around 0130 I couldn't fall asleep so I just lay there and dozed until about 0630 when I got up to feed the cats. I laid down later and napped but my circadian cycles are all fucked up. Still have some sleeping pills Dr Innes gave me while in the hospital but I didn't need his warning not to take too many for fear of becoming dependent on them. I might take one once a week or even less, but there are times when I have to be able to be alert and functioning the next day and then I'll take one so I'm sure to sleep. Don't know why my sleep cycles are so messed up but it sure is annoying.

Hmmm...on the job front. Wayne did interview for the Spokane job but they said he wasn't aggressive enough to fit in with their uber-aggressive teams. That's a good thing! We weren't so eager to go up there in the winter anyway. Now he's been put in for a position in Redmond WA, which is on the same side of the mountains but closer to the OR border. I think we'd have a better chance of getting out in Redmond. No word from Sierra Vista. I'll give them a few days and then call. If they're just being rude and have already hired someone I'm going to be pissed. The KS job called and would have hired Wayne but they didn't want to guarantee 40 hrs a week and he's not going to go somewhere without it. No per diem jobs! Well, if it's meant to be then they'll reconsider and we'll hear from them again. Nothing from the two places in MO yet altho their postings are still up. Another week, hopefully some other jobs! It would be funny if Wayne got a job down in San Antonio for the winter. Or if he were offered one in AK. But we couldn't drive there in the winter so that's out. They'd have to be offering him an amazing amount of $$ plus housing and a rental car for him to even consider it! Come summer, however, it's a different story!

My eldest brother is contemplating a move to Seattle area after his wife graduates from the nursing program. I'm encouraging them to get a couple of years exp and then go traveling! The northern part of the West Coast is a great place, I must admit. But the Californicators have moved up and driven land prices way out of reach. Still, after living in MS for so long, I imagine it would be a wonderful change. I think he's waiting for Mama to die first, tho.

Took is back to being attentive. He still stays out all night but he's there in the am waiting for his wet food and for one of us to open the door for him. I bring the other 3 in at night and they settle down...generally on my side of the bed. As Wayne says, I am catted - Blizz on the pillow above my head and Hai Qui on my chest, Daria at the foot of the bed. Eventually Hai Qui gets down and sleeps on the floor by the door and Daria goes into the other room to sleep on a chair. Blizz might migrate down to the foot of the bed then. Took - Wayne has taken to calling him Mondo Melon so if I refer to MM that's the cat I'm talking about - is definitely Wayne's cat. But I get to take him in to have the disappearing balls trick performed!

I'm glad to hear that things are going on in a humdrum fashion for Katie and that Tish is keeping up with her 5k plans. And that Shanna & Co are twitterpated!

No comments:

Post a Comment