Friday, August 17, 2007

Watching 'The Colbert Report' and he's got Huckabee on, which is amazing. It's really funny. You have to have something to laugh at. I was reading in the HuffPost that the govt actually gave the Taliban $34 million (or was that $43 million?) some months before 9/11. According to Karl Rove, the reason we gave it to them is that they're a faith-based organization. I was wondering if this is actually true? Wouldn't that be a really big hoot? That'd buy alot of plane tickets. If it's true, it needs to get out there coz it would really shake things up.

Boy, Hurricane Dean just strengthened from Cat 3 to Cat 4. And it's a good 5 days from landfall in either Mex or Tx, so it could strengthen to Cat 5 by then. If the upper doesn't pull it towards La. Lots of rain in the future. Cooler temps. I can live with that.

The exwife still hasn't got the paperwork back to the bank so we're still waiting on that. Evidently the exhusband really pissed her off and she's taking her sweet time getting that stuff he needs in. Oh, well. Nothing I can do about it. For all I know, he deserves it. For all I know, she's just being pissy. Who can tell?

Going down to Springfield tomorrow and drop off a bunch of stuff into storage. I'm slowly getting down to the bare bones of the fiver, with alot of empty space in the underbelly. And in the closet. And in the kitchen. I'm not sure how much weight we have with towing but I want to be under it. Makes it easier to stop if need be. With the high temps we've been having Wayne is now talking about a new fiver with 2 a/cs and a genset. I really like our fiver and don't want to go thru the hassle of getting another one, probably with higher payments, just for the a/c and genset. Maybe in a few years.

Not much going on today...boring. I'm going to start going to the gym at the NG base on Monday. They say it is brand new and state of the art. Going to the gym is boring also but I need to start doing something to get myself into a semblance of shape again. And since the meds make it possible for me to do things without a great deal of pain I need to atleast use the stationary bike or swim. Probably don't have a pool there but I think the local Y has one.

And the girls think their lives are boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment