Monday, August 27, 2007

Time for the weekly update! A few developments on the homefront, but not many. Still in waiting mode. The papers finally got to the realtors and we signed away our house on Friday. Wayne took 2 hrs off so we could make it down there to Crocker before the bank closed, and it actually only took us an hour, even with the heavy at times rain we encountered. Lovely rain! I wasn't sure we could do it ahead of the agreed time but the loan officer was ready and Joy turned up not ten minutes later so we went ahead. Of course, now we find that one paper wasn't signed so they had to fax it to the hospital for Wayne to sign and send back. But it's done now, and I found myself feeling a sadness rather than the relief I expected.
Perhaps it's because so many of our furkin are there - Cleo, Kyle, Molly, Goblin, and G.C. Oh, I know the physical shells have decayed and nothing's there...and they live in my heart so they're not gone, but I'm still sad that the people who move in won't know that Goblin is in the garden and that Kyle is by the pond, and Cleo by the big oak. Silly of me, but true. Or because we did have some good times in that house, people coming by and large numbers of friends in for the holidays. We can't be as lavish in our entertainments in a fiver.
Relief will come, and we'll repair our credit so that in a few years we'll be able to purchase again. I have my entitlement and Wayne will get his back. Autumn is coming and Page should refur again. We have no real ties here now, beyond a $110 bill monthly for the storage areas and our friends in Springfield. I'm not really sad about that. I think the loss of the house hits Wayne much harder than me since he's the one who needs that anchor to feel secure.

Wayne spoke with his mother and she's had a lump removed. It was cancerous but not in the lymph nodes so she should be okay. We will be leaving here in a few weeks - his assignment is over on the 22nd of Sep. I made an appt for the fiver to go into the shop and get the little things taken care of on the 24th and the 25th if need be, and we will then go on to the next assignment which will start 01 Oct. I've alerted the agencies that he wants something in New England (brrr!) and we'll be there until the end of Dec. He wants to go visit his mother and be of help when she goes into chemo, and that's understandable. I'm looking forward to the visit, and hoping we get western Mass. It's going to be hard to find an rv park open at that time of year. I think I have 'hitch itch' again.

I do wish he would not urge me to visit my mother. I don't like to and avoid it as much as possible, and I have no relationship with my sibs or their children to pull me back. I just have too much anger and angst to be comfortable there with them. I don't know how to work thru it or if I even want to. I have chosen other people to love and I consider them as my family, and I see them as much as we can. But I'm glad he's close to his, since it seems to make him happy.

Back up in the 90s but we can live with that. I'm sure I'll be whining about the cold in a few months time. But I do like it better than heat. Looking for somewhere without extreme temps, with the lows no lower than -10 degrees so the grape vines won't die, and with atleast 90 days of sunshine. And no really hot days or atleast only a few. Then we'll start looking at land, which must have springs/streams on it. And be affordable. Not much to ask, is it? Encompasses quite a few states besides MO...KY, IL, KS, IA, OH, VA...all depending on where you look and what you want. Even some places in AK! But I'm wasting my time trying to talk anyone into even looking at AK much less moving there for even a short time. Pity.

What's everyone's plans for the weekend? Linda and Orin and their two will be coming down to Springfield. Wayne has call on Saturday but we will go down on Sunday and return late Monday. I think Orin has more than a few days off. It should be fun. I haven't heard from Katie on coming over yet so have to assume that things aren't going to work out this time. Chris and Micha are eager to meet her and the kids, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment