Well, another week gone. Weather getting cold again - I bought another 50 gal of propane just to make sure we wouldn't run out when the temps drop into the teens. I really don't like being cold! Poor Page, with her fur falling out again, hates to go outside when it's this cold. She comes in and lays on her bed shivering so we throw a blanket over her until she warms up. It's not a good time to be losing fur! The vet gave us some antibiotics for her and we see a certain amount of good already - her skin is softer and not dry, and there's no huge flakes of dead skin lying on top ready to fall off. And that's after 2 days. So I'm hoping that this will help her. Hai Qui is sitting next to the pc and he's on biotics also. And a big shot of cortisol to stop his itching so he doesn't scratch the wound open again. Amazingly, he's very easy to pill - just pry open his mouth and drop it in. Page is harder. I try to put it inside something but she's on to that and will eat around the pill.
Wayne was a phoning fool today. He called his mama, Katie, and Chris and Micha. Found out that his mama is now going thru chemo but she hasn't quit smoking and most likely won't. How can you be so addicted to something that you know is killing you but refuse to give it up? I know it hurts Wayne a lot and he feels like he should be there for her, but I don't think it would make a difference. His elder brother got married and invited him but didn't invite the rest of his family, which was a major mistake on his part since he lives right there in town. But his brother is 52 and not likely to change his ways.
Chris is very hyped over the good news about Geron getting permission to do the trials and that it's almost doubled in cost per share. He said we've made about $1600 since the announcement. I'm hoping so very much that the trials work as well as hoped. Just think! Paralysed patients growing new cells and being able to walk again! How wonderful that will be! I wish that it had been around when Chris Reeves took that fall. I always felt so bad for him...to be a quadraplegic after being so active...terrible. And if the diabetic cell treatment works...wow! Now if only they had something for arthritis!!
Wayne was so excited and pleased to finally have a namesake on the way thanks to Rob and Katie. I hope that we'll be able to be around for him as he grows up.
Was plotting out the future here. Wayne was asked to extend and he asked me how far he could stay. Until the middle of May, which is another 8 weeks. Then I'm factoring in a week for travel...going from here to Estes Park, spending a night or two in the Stanley Hotel (yes, Wayne agreed to do it with me!), then over the Rockies and to Las Vegas via Co-Ut-Az-Nv and get there the next Saturday. I've already reserved a space at the Nellis famcamp for the week of the convention. Then, once that is done, we go on to the next assignment. I'm hoping that we get one within 800 or so miles. And farther north!
If Shan is in CO then maybe we can visit her as well. Maybe she'd like to spend the night in the Stanley with us!
Broke the monitor screen for the desktop. Dang it! Now we're going to have to buy a new one. Or, rather, I'll have to drive to town and buy one in Walmart. While Wayne's working. Then I can get on with HP and see if they can talk me thru a fix for the desktop.
I keep trying to find a Rosetta Stone set for Mandarin but not having any luck yet. Spanish, French...yes. I try talking to the waitresses at the restaurants but I need to get the tapes so I become more fluent. If anyone stumbles over the set and buys it I'll pay you back for it! I'd also like a set for Gaelic. They have a class in Columbia U but we weren't there long enough to take advantage of it.
Watching 'Psychic Kids" and feeling a great sense of envy! I wish I were much more sensitive than I am right now. Oh, I can sense some things but I wish I could do more. Always felt it was a great pity that Mama buried her abilities the way she did. Stupid religion.
Got a letter from Mama the other day - oh! I also got the card you sent, Shan! It is very cute and a keeper. I'm sure that we'll be able to meet Russ and Aiden sometime soon...whether it's something they like is another thing! But anyway, Mama said that my niece Michelle had left her husband and was living at home again. I told her not to let her come back from Germany!
You can get over being homesick...all you need to do is get out and do things...but not if you run home right away. And what about her husband? She runs off and leaves him because he can't return to the States...well, he's in the military, for goodness sake! Duh! Surely she knew that he was going to be posted outside the US! Anyway, I'm more than a little disgusted. No wonder I haven't heard from her for several months.
No comments:
Post a Comment