So after a refreshing pause in Springfield, we drove on to Memphis yesterday. Should NOT have stayed up as late as we did the eve before - we were both beat and had a 6 hr drive ahead of us. Rained for the first couple of hours, off and on - even had a few big-as-marbles hailstones hit - but then the weather turned partly cloudy and the rain ceased. Didn't make any major blunders like the first time we drove the road - no accidently driving onto business spurs and having to turn around - and no problems while on the road. We got into the NAS and then took about 20 minutes to back the fiver into the space. We chose one at the end of the park that backs up to the woods for the convienence of the furkin. Today we drive the route to the hospital so Wayne will be familiar with it and see just how long it's going to take normally. We might even move back to the park on the river if it doesn't look like there's going to be flooding and he doesn't have to pull call. This park is $375 a month and the other one wasn't much more. I enjoyed watching the tugs go up and down the river last time. Other than that, we may just stay here - if hard pressed I could even walk to the commissary.
Found out that the house I was talking about - 1010 West Walnut - is still being worked on but the owners are actually talking about asking $240k for it! Hah! Not in that section of town! East Walnut might be good for that kind of money but certainly not West. It has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, and the attic is finished. Well, we can't afford it now and if we can afford it in the future and we're meant to have it, it will still be on the market. I would have liked to have taken a tour of the house but just as well.
Wayne picked some wild onions for the morning omelets. We found a cheese he really likes - it has 3 types of hot peppers in it - at Sams and I want to go back and stock up on it for him. Too hot for me! One of the farmer's markets opens 01 April - not much to sell this time of year but it will be interesting to see what's out there. In a few days I'll be starting my tomatoes and peppers for this year's garden...and purchasing some seeds from Bakers Creek.
Hai Qui's throat is almost completely healed. Now if he will just refrain from scratching it open again! They leapt out of the fiver when I opened the door but didn't go far and even came in for the night. Wayne stayed up longer than I did - we got back to the house after dinner and I wrote a short note to C&M letting them know we'd gotten in safely then hit the bed. Put in the earplugs and that was it for me until nearly 12 hours later. I was really really tired. Wayne had to watch Smallville and walk the dog. Now Hai Qui and Blizz are snoozing on the bed while Daria is exploring the great woods behind us.
Wayne has decided that he made a mistake in joining the Army - he says now he should have listened to his father and joined the Navy or the AF. I heartily concur! The only reason I joined the Army was because my then-husband was in it. I was more interested in the AF for the better training they gave. The Army, bless it, has scant respect for intelligence and looks askance at anyone with brains. I guess because anyone with brains will question stupid orders before obeying them. I think I would have been much happier - and so stayed for a career - in either the Navy or the AF. Of course, what I should have done, after I got out of the Army, was to march my ass over to the AF recruiter and signed on with them. Even if I lost rank, it would have been worth it. Going back to Basic and AIT would have been a breeze. Ah well...good old hindsight.
No comments:
Post a Comment