I hate this tv. There's only two shows I like to watch on SyFy with any regularity - Ghosthunters & GHI - and it's on tonight. And the tv not only refuses to get that channel but it won't do sound. Not a peep. And I should be able to watch a little tv on my birthday! But noooo! Cursed thing. If we were close to a PX I'd have gone over and bought a new one...but we aren't. Wayne is saying we should buy a new one at the end of the month but I don't think we will have the extra cash then.
I royally screwed up my bank account because I forgot that I wrote a paper cheque to Bank of the West for the fiver payment and didn't write it down - I normally use the electronic pay but paydays are a little skewed vis a vis bills right now and I didn't want it to be late. So add on a $10 charge for transfering the money from savings to checking. After all this time you'd think I'd be able to keep on top of things like that....sigh. Oft wish Wayne would do the bills but he got out of the habit when he was in school and I was trying to keep us going on my pay and didn't want him to see me juggling things and distract him from his classes. Now, occasionally I show him the chequebook and explain why he can't spend any money at that time, but that's as close as he gets to knowing what's going on. If I should keel over he's going to be at a loss.
This means I have to throw about $400 into savings on Friday just to make up for the transfers and the normal $100 that goes in weekly. Heavy sigh. I will be SO Glad when we just have the fiver payment as our only big bill...and that should happen next month with any luck.
TPTB are sure putting a lot of pressure on Chris to find a new job and I know it has to be stressing all of them out. Micha wants to stay put so JaDe can graduate from that high school but I truely fear that won't be possible. Atleast she'll be able to finish out this year, I think. Q has a car so he can come out for the weekend if they don't go too far. Got my fingers crossed for the Columbia area.
My eldest brother called me to wish me a happy birthday and to talk about magickal stuff. He seems to have fixiated on Buckland and it makes me impatient but I know that he's not to the point yet where I can tell him things or explain that a lot of what he's reading is great for beginners but unnecessary. They did some sort of ritual based on what I told Maryann decades ago - that would be something to see! - and are thinking of checking into a coven in the New Orleans area. I put him onto Cunningham and, thanks to Chris, a couple of entry-level High magick books. And today I told him how to sense energy with the chakras in his palms and told him to check into reiki and chakras. If we were nearby I could do much more for him but as it stands we'll see how this progresses. He wanted to get the books thru Barnes & Noble but why when he can get used thru Amazon for a fourth of the price?
Talked with Shanna and Katie today - well, IMed them. Very handy thing. Shanna said she's interested in rare breeds so I mentioned the ALBC. There's also that one that deals specifically with antique poultry but she didn't mention that she wanted fowl except for a peacock so I left that out.
Had more snow today and they're calling for like feet in the 4 Corners area. I think we're on the outskirts so most likely we won't get any. Wayne was almost pushed off the highway by a gust of wind combined with slick pavement on his way in to work. I can see I need to add that in to the wards I put on the truck almost every morning. He found some old modules at a used book store in town and is happy reading them as they aren't some he has in storage. I expect his need to game is going to result in him harassing me to play. He doesn't want to do that. Or this weekend after we get another 400 units on the phone he'll be calling Chris and gaming with him. Got to do laundry again this weekend, too. He can take the phone to the laundry and game from there!
I threw some chicken and veggies into the crockpot for dinner, added a cup of red wine, and it still needed seasonings. Shouldn't have. Oh well. I also cut the cake in half and frosted the inside so he'd have his two layer cake. Men! Why not just have a side dish of frosting? Don't think he'll be extending here as he's finding it frustrating to work there and I see no reason to continue if he's not happy. Wouldn't mind coming back to this area after I've had the knee replaced, though. Still many things I want to check out. But next month I'll email all the companies he's registered with and ask them to start looking for another job! Always exciting to see what pops up.
8 comments:
Russ is happily world-building if Wayne wants to give forum-gaming a try. http://penguinn.messageforums.net/
Sorry about the tv :( sucks bollocks. That's one of the reasons I just watch the shows I like online.
I wouldn't mind some guinea fowl, my cousin has some that we got to play with last summer and I've heard good things, though they're apparently pretty loud. I'd like to find a quieter type of bird that eats pesty unwanted protein sources, but I have no idea about fowl except what to feed them, where to house them and that eggs are mmmgood.
As for paper cheques.. if I have to use them for big bills (rent or something), I prefer to get a cashier's cheque. Pulls it out of my account immediately so there's no mistakes from that. As for charging you to transfer- OMFG!!!!! That's ROBBERY. We have USAA and we LOVE them.
I know salt is bad, but I will often cook something up sans salt (especially if there's beans, as salt makes the skins hard), then just add a little bit right before serving if whatever is kind of bland. Tends to make it 'just right' flavouring-wise. I use garlic & onions & parsely & basil like they're going out of style too.
Bad TV, it does sound like it's time to get a new one. Happy Belated Birthday - May this be a year of good things for you!
Guinea fowl are noisy birds! Very Noisy! The biggest issue with birds it that they are not very bright animals. If you want to free range them you have to train them to go to their coup at night which means a late night gather the dumb things from trees, bushes ect and place them in the coop as they try their best to escape your clutches. When you do get fowl Shanna look for something that is both a good meat and egg laying bird. I've always liked Buffs myself maybe it's the feathery feet.
You need to spice your food Mia! I tend to go for a palm full of some type of mix italian, french blend (though a palm full of garlic might be a bit much for some) what ever when throwing things in a crock pot.
Right now Chris and I are committed to seeing JaDe finish her Senior year of high school here in Springfield. Seen far too many of our Army friends move their children their Senior year of school and unless the child already is unhappy with the school they are in it just sucks and goes bad all around. Secondly we would be hard pressed in Columbia to find an IB program to match what she is in here in Springfield. That's 30 credits of College that we can't afford to give up on her. Plus what we have already paid into the program. We shall see if it's meant to be it will happen if not... Oy deal with it then.
Hugs
M
I'm pretty sure you all won't be moving before the end of this school year but as for next...I'm sure that Chris will land one of those jobs soon and then what? Keeping two households will be very expensive...but his new job will most likely pay better than this one. It would really suck to lose 30 credits...but surely they have IB programs up there! May not be an exact match for this one but better than nothing. JaDe isn't happy with it - I can see that she considers it impending doom - but she's mature enough to know that it's not your fault. Life's not fair. Never was.
I know I need to put spices in the food - lately I just haven't cared. I should do it for Wayne if not myself, tho. Hear that guinea are good eating! Chickens will eat the unwanted mobile protein sources as well and are easier to keep so that's what I'm aiming for. Easy is good!
Guineas are good for bug-eating because they won't scratch up/otherwise damage the plants somehow, which chickens will. Or so I've read.
I saw some super cute silky chicks online here locally- I'd love to get them and put a little coop up in the back for the hens. Of course, would have to make sure the dogs don't eat them first...
Or, as you pointed out, the cats stalk and eat them!
My cats aren't outdoors- but I would need a covered run for them to keep outdoor cats away from them. Still considering it- I like the idea of getting fresh eggs from them...
fresh eggs are tasty.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/chicken-coop-small.html
Post a Comment