Saturday, January 16, 2010

These weekends when Wayne has call are so quiet!  Got up at 0530 to have breakfast with him and make sure he took everything he needs then went back to bed for a few more hours sleep.  After I got back up I just lazed around.  Didn't cook - ate fruit and nuts and drank tea - but tomorrow I will make something to eat just so I can say I did when he asks me.  Opened up a can of peas for dinner.  That, along with almonds, mandarin oranges, bananas, and sunflower seeds, comprised my food for the day.  Healthy, no?

Drained Page's ear again this morning - 9ccs worth of fluids.  It's not as bad as it was.  Of course it's refilled by now and will have to be done again tomorrow.

Did laundry, too!  Very productive day.  Had to be careful of all the ice on the ground but made it there and back again and took Page out for her evening constitutional without falling or slipping.  We're supposed to get snow all next week but will wait and see just how much more accumulates.  Wayne has Monday off and we were going to Durango to the movies but if it's snowing and the roads are slick we'll just have to put that off.

Daria actually played with one of the foam balls I bought for Blizz!  I so rarely see her jump around and chase things.  Blizz got all excited and crouched behind the laundry bag, ready to spring out at her if she should pursue the ball past him, but she just batted it away and then hopped and sprang back into the bedroom.  She will snag a piece of kibble with a claw and then chase it around the floor before eating it.  I guess it satisfies some deep need to hunt prey.

Since Wayne was applying for a job in Portsmouth VA I put in for a dispatcher job in Virginia Beach, VA.  They're very close together and there's a plethora of famcamps in the a/o.  I think I'd rather that he got the job in Columbia or in Jeff City but we'll go where-ever the job is.  If it's MO that's great.  If it's VA that's good as well.  He's talking about extending here for a couple more months but I'm going to put off making a decision until late Feb. in hopes of hearing from the VA jobs. 

I would like to get somewhere settled before spring is too far advanced so I can plan and start my garden.  Not sure what I'll grow this year but I think I'll skip cukes and plant summer squash.  Peppers of course and tomatoes.  I'd like a pea patch when we get a piece of ground again.  Crunchy snap peas are soooo good!

4 comments:

shanna said...

When is this job supposed to be up?

Mia said...

March 22nd. that's a Monday and normally jobs end on a Friday so we're not sure what's going on. I can't seem to get an answer out of TRS or Anita. Well, it's not a big deal - I don't mind traveling during the week.

Katie said...

Good luck on the postings you really want. I hope you hear something sooner rather than later. *hugs*

Fresh veggies sound wonderful, I wish I knew more about what housing plans on doing with us so I could plan more for a container garden. /sigh

Anonymous said...

You can do a lot with a small container garden Katie! The only way I can grow tomatoes is in a container.

A job is a job thought I like the ones in Missouri better for you than in VA. Though Memphis is fun, we could make it down to see another show perhaps!

Post a Comment