Another quiet day. Thawing squabs for dinner probably on Sunday as tomorrow there's a pow wow in Farmington that we're going to check out. Have to hit Sams club there anyway so it's a good trip. Sunny and warm in the sun for a few hours anyway when it got slightly above freezing. We need another heat tape to put on the sewer hose as it's not running as well as we had hoped once temps drop into the single digits. But once the heat tape is on it and running we won't have any further problems.
Put Wayne in for a surigcal tech job in Portsmouth VA for the Navy Medical Command. Now, that will be a nice job! He'll be making almost as much as now but it's a temp job although they don't say how long it's supposed to be. I know I can get my knee done there, plus I can get a CS job as well in the area. Probably a lot of competition for it so we'll see. But I can already day dream about being back there - coffee at Sacred Grounds, going to CW to ghost hunt, eating at our favourite seafood places...we liked it there and it would be really nice to return to that area. Oh well - will just keep fingers crossed but not fret about it. Job closes on the 4th and I figure the soonest Wayne would hear from them would be sometime in Feb.
Silly cats ran outside when Wayne took Page out for her evening walk! It's like 16 out there so I'll have to get them back inside or risk having catsicles in an hour or so. I swear sometimes they act like they haven't been outside in weeks. Blizz is the only sensible one of the lot - he sits on the step in the sun for a while and then comes back inside and doesn't go out again until the next day between 1100 and 1400 when the sun is strongest.
Hope everyone had a nice NYE and the new year will be full of gentle pats and few swift kicks!
No comments:
Post a Comment