Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I was in error about the snow. It began yesterday and continued all night into today, and is still snowing. Predicted to continue until early tomorrow morning. It has covered all the footsteps and car tracks, and the places that had melted are not covered again. Not a blizzard but definitely a good snow storm. I hope that Wayne gets home betimes as we are down to one cannister of propane and need to refill the other two in anticipation of the long weekend. We ran out early this afternoon and I had to ask the camp host to send her husband up to change out the cannister for me. They are heavy! Were I alone, I'd either have a class A with a built-in bigger tank or have some sort of jack mechanism to help me get the cannisters in and out.

Tish and Shan are talking about stopping blogging in favor of...atleast in Shan's case...handwritten letters and diaries. I can think of some good points in the personal dairy - you can be scrupulously honest in it and not risk either offending someone or having someone misinterpret what you wrote and becoming angry. Unless the reader is willing to give one the benefit of the doubt, a blog can be on shaky ground. I don't know how many times I've been attacked after writing something when the meaning was uninentionally skewed. So total honesty is impossible. But I can't see anyone as busy as Shan having the time to sit down and actually handwrite a letter. I rather hope this falls by the wayside as there really isn't any other way to keep up even in part with what one's friends are doing.

Hai Qui is looking better already. He's semi-leaning on my right arm just at the wrist right now, interfering with typing. He no doubt feels that my time is better spent petting him than doing this. I decided to combat the cold whilst waiting for the cannister to be exchanged by making a pot of coffee to drink. My cup is just out of reach now, my arm and hand pinned by 11.5 lb of fluffy Bermese. I Want My Coffee. I reach across and barely snag it, sip, and make a face. It's cold now. Bleah.

No comments:

Post a Comment